Howard Nurseries Terms of Business
- Please clearly state your full invoice address, delivery address (if different from invoice address), contact name, telephone number and e-mail address where possible.
- Please check the order confirmation and if any changes or additions are needed, please make those before the order is scheduled for delivery. As soon as we have started lifting your order it cannot be amended again.
- Prices are subject to the VAT rate at the time (currently 20%).
- Payment becomes due, net at 30 days from invoice date. Accounts not settled within this period will be subject to a credit charge of 5% after 30 days. We are able to accept payment via credit and debit card and BACS payment.
- We offer either of the following discounts for payment within 15 days of the invoice date, however this does not apply if other discounts have been agreed.
- 2.5% on goods delivered.
- 5% on goods collected from the nursery.
- Any discount not taken will only be repaid, if claimed, within 60 days of invoice date.
CUSTOMERS APPLYING FOR CREDIT FACILITIES ARE AGREEING TO OUR PAYMENT TERMS ABOVE.
- All deliveries are subject to a carriage charge for which an estimate can be provided. The actual cost will be invoiced and might differ from the estimate.
- We would appreciate three or more working days’ notice where possible for collection of orders from the nursery. We generally give one week’s notice of a delivery date during our Autumn/Winter period.
- When ordering please state whether you would like a delivery or whether you will be making a collection, a specific time you would prefer delivery or collection and lastly whether substitutes are acceptable or not acceptable. This will help us when entering your order on our system.
- Collections days are Thursday and Friday only. We regret we no longer offer walkabouts on the nursery.
- No order is too small for our attention but due to the size of the nursery, all 9cm and open ground orders fewer than twelve of any variety will be subject to a charge of 45p per plant.
- Individual colour labels are available upon request at 15p each. This will be a self-printed label, high-quality plastic label. These can include the plant name, picture, description, your company logo, and colour scheme. We are happy to provide a sample of these by request. Please note a batch label identifying the variety will be supplied automatically at no extra charge.
- Both our open ground and pot grown orders are generally lifted and supplied between the months October and April. However, our pot grown varieties are offered all year round (subject to availability). Our main 2 litre perennial season is between March and August.
- We do require all new customers to provide payment prior to dispatch of an initial order.
- We reserve the right to charge up to 50% of the value on cancelled orders.
- Generally, quotations are valid for one month unless stock is sold.
- Please ensure any complaints are made within SEVEN DAYS of dispatch.
- All goods shall remain the property of Howard Nurseries Ltd until payment has been received in full.
Data protection & GDPR Privacy Compliance
The Customer acknowledges and agrees that details of the Customer’s name, address, contact details and payment record may be submitted to a credit reference agency and personal data will be processed by and on behalf of the company. The company is committed to protecting the confidentiality and security of information it collects and holds about the customer. The company will keep the customer’s data for the lifetime of its account with the company and for a period thereafter in accordance with legal requirements.
Upon the customer submitting a written request to the company, the company will make available information collected about the customer for its review within 30 days and free of charge.
From time to time, we would like to contact you by email or phone in relation to our marketing, but we will never pass your details onto third parties, and you have the right to opt-out of our marketing at any time.